PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ultralight aircraft 2 strokes to be banned
Old 19th Sep 2017, 23:42
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by rutan around
I think any proper objective assessment would come to the same conclusion if all the costs of both systems were included from the turning of the first sod for the start of construction to the site cleanup at the end of useful life.

Our local coal fired station uses 4million tons of quality thermal coal per year. I haven't been able to find out what is paid for that coal as I'm not privy to the contracts. however if we use a middle of the road figure of $50 / ton it means an annual cost of $200,000,000 just to fuel it. Fuel for renewables $0

Costing must include health effects on miners and people living in the smoke plume plus long term CO2 effects on climate. I'm sure others will add to this list.
...Meanwhile, back on planet earth. China continues to build coal fired power stations and import Australian coal and then uses some of that cheap coal power to produce the solar panels and wind power units that it sells to Australia..

"...Australians are set to pay $300 million in subsidies to an outback solar farm owned by a Saudi Arabian billionaire..."

http://joannenova.com.au/2017/09/tax...-plants-power/