PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is finding a job easier in Canada now than it was 10-15 years ago?
Old 19th Sep 2017, 23:05
etiquetanegra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys!

Hi there,

Sorry for the lateness, I just come back to reality (Uruguay) after a week in Toronto.

Went there to get my first cat 1 medical and start the process of conversion of my Uruguayan (ICAO) ATPL. I did not have much time to visit companies, airports, etc I could only walk in at one company based at Buttonville and they shown interest on me, I even got an interview! After that, I got the feeling that with 1600TT, jet experience and ATPL won't be hard to get into a cockpit, but I'm aware that paycheck will be shameless at the beginning, I've no problem with that, I'm aware that I should start over again (regarding making money).

Now about Porter airlines, I applied, got interviewed and they told me to contact them again once I have the right to work in Canada and my license converted. I already have the right to work and a PR application in progress. The conversion it's something that I'm gonna do in December when I move there. Does anyone know how to prepare for the screening process? Most of the times you have only one shoot, and I'm exited to be part of Porter, I know that money it's not the best, but it's not only about the money, there might be other benefits that compensate your paycheck...

I would like to thank you guys for your replies and guidance, we may end up sharing a cockpit! Who knows.

Finally, last month I got interviewed by Copa Airlines, if anyone here would like to know about the process just DM me. In advance, I can tell you that there's an interview prep subscription at latestpilotjobs that it's JUST LIKE the real process, except for the ATPL questions which I have (21 out of 30).

Keep it up!

Last edited by etiquetanegra; 22nd Sep 2017 at 14:01. Reason: Misspelling mistake