PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 19th Sep 2017, 19:00
lee1321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take me to the sky!

Hello to every fellow enthusiasts out there!

I am looking for a little bit of help or suggestions you may have to kickstart my career in aviation.
It has been a dream of mine since a very young age to become a pilot. It is now that I am starting to put into place a pathway to succeed in my dreams. However, the sheer wealth of information out there at the moment can be overwhelming for a beginner like myself.

Okay, a bit of background about me. I have absolutely 0 knowledge of flying and no prior experience. I meet all the required criteria for becoming a pilot; EASA medical class 1, subjects and honours etc.. I am a European citizen with residence in both Finland and Ireland.

Now, where to begin? I have the opportunity (acceptance pending) to start my career with an ATPL certificate which is offered by programmes in Finland, Germany, Norway and the UK.
I also would have an opportunity to apply for a MPL license with Qatar Airways.

My question is, what route would you suggest I take? Is it risky to take an ATPL certificate at an academy that has no direct airline partners?

I'm sure this question has been asked plenty of times but each case is different. Any opinions or suggestions will be much appreciated!