PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-9
Thread: Newcastle-9
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2017, 18:13
DanAir89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tigertanaka
I am sure they have very little say in the routes they operate unless they are providing some subsidy in one form or another. However airports can encourage airlines by analysing their local market demands in detail and putting forward a case for a new destination.

The armchair CEO comment is absolutely spot on for this forum. Whilst we all have our opinions, posters would do well to remember that airlines have a mountain of data and teams of analysts to help them in their route planning (I'm no expert but off the top of my head: demographics, historical demand, business/tourism potential, load factor, yield, trolley sales, cargo potential, length of flight, turnaround time, landing fees, government taxes, cannibalisation of existing routes, competitor presence, crewing, not to mention aircraft availability)

Hey, MME beat NCL to a flight to NWI...!
All the educated accountants on here missed the vital point re BRS. It was traveller feedback/real life experiences and an expression that they had paid more than £25.99 each way therefore were prepared to pay more for a direct service at more convenient times - profitability is stating the bleeding obvious!

Given the number of airlines that have fallen by the way side due to massive losses and no cash it's a hard business so unless you have the relevant experience in running a profitable airline your comments are no more informed!

Spotters comments, no mention of aircraft regs😀