PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAA Wizz Air Cadet Scheme 2016
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2017, 09:03
PilotRoger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey mate,
I'll be practical. My guess is you have very few chances in any Cadet Program.

There is really not age limit described anywhere, the only limitation would be to have the class 1 medical valid. However, aside from that any airline chooses pilots that sometime in the future will become commanders. Is matter of return of investment. The older you are the less profit you bring the airline.

Adding on top, you will graduate at age 47/48, with around 200 hours, with no relevant work experience, this translates to very limited chances to get a job.

My piece of advise, if you really really want to be a pilot, but I mean really really.

- Get your ATPL modular somewhere in Europe, and if you still like what you see, you will need to build hours, and for this you might even need to go for bush pilot in Africa or flying in Singapore for example (but getting a job here is also hard), then when you will have around 3000 hours, you will have better chances to get a job back in Europe in any low cost airline.

- Or go to US, get your integrated there, weather is good, so you can fly almost all the year, building hours faster, and very likely becoming flying instructor, at the end you can come back to Europe (you will need to do EASA conversion), but you will have very good chances to get a job.