PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2017, 07:22
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Danny:-
Is it really the end for this, once the best and most popular of all Threads on the best of all Forums on PPRuNe ?
Danny, I share your concern. The secret of this thread has been that of a running narrative, principally first hand from you and your fellow WWII pilots, and latterly second hand by the likes of sidevalve. He tried to revitalise the thread by telling the story of the Comet Line. It seemed to be an appropriate theme, WWII aviation related (the target customers were escaping Allied aircrew), telling of outstanding duty and courage by civilians living under Nazi occupation. Little interest was shown though and he understandably stopped posting. In the absence of any further personal WWII testimony I sadly agree with you that the end is in sight.

This thread constitutes an important historical document, quite apart from the very real pleasure it has given over the years, and the many BTW's that delighted us all. Much of that delight and pleasure has stemmed from you, Danny. Thank you for informing and entertaining us so well. This may not be the end, etc, but I suspect we have seen the best of the thread now.