PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Cancelling flights!
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2017, 18:16
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sadly the general public will forget in a few months
True dat

Airlines of every shape and size know that the global pax/tourist flyer market (which is expanding at a phenomenal rate, esp in Asia) will tolerate almost anything when it comes to getting them to exotic destinations that their grandparents would only ever see in James Bond movies. It is not just MOL and Ryanair that know this...they all do and as profit -seeking businesses it is their primary function to exploit this to the best return for their shareholders and/or owners.

It is the regulators job to ensure they play by the rules, as it is in so many industries.

As for the individual...well we have freedom of choice both as pilots and as pax.

If you don't like Ryanair, don't work for them and don't fly with them.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, but certainly today a great deal of humble pie (sincere...I doubt it) is being eaten. Which suggests to me a slight degree of panic, and I suspect the fear of a mass migration of pilots to their immediate competitors, may be their biggest concern. Concern over screwing over the masses...nah, they all do it that, BA just a few months ago.