PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KA's Parallel Seniority
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2017, 13:18
Terrain Terrain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Base Vacancy? Why not call yourself Rocking Horse ****. Both monikers share the same prevalence of occurring in the wild: 2/5ths of 80% of fark all.

Sure, there are guys that would take a base at KA. There are also guys that would take half roster for double pay but why deal in fantasy? The splatter marks of spit on L2 are still on the glass from when Dick Hall and DJ Jazzy Geoff were met with the....?dozen? applications to transfer to CX. The offer was made to all KA pilots, some 400+ at the time.

'Jealously guarding a turd' is the most apt description I've heard. I only ever applied to KA because I didn't want what CX offered. Long haul, eternity to command and a frosty cockpit environment aren't for me.

Would I take a little less China and a little more Japan? Sure. But I don't get to cherry pick. I had to pick one or the other and all that comes with them: the good, the bad and the ugly.

If I had a do-over, I'd still choose exactly the same way.

As for HKPhooey, you really have to build a bridge. If you invested the same energy into your current employer as you do your former (plural), you may not have so many of the latter.