PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blackpool-2
Thread: Blackpool-2
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2017, 14:35
newaviator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was working at Blackpool Airport in the 1990's and the 767 Private (one off special - was it not Brunei or Saudi registered ? but never made it due weather possibly diverted to Manchester) , the USAF Lockheed C141 Starlifter that was supposed to be coming in but went elsewhere in the end with a military band on board or the likes . A US Navy P3 Orion overnighted for a few days.

Previous biggest types to have been in that I've seen on the tarmac 707 , 757 , 737 , 727 (US Reg Private ) , 1-11 , 146 , DC-9 to name a few and a Shorts Belfast on a newspaper flight over the years , when the Vanguards were operating at weekends etc. Possibly First Choice 767 in once but can't confirm didn't see it myself as it could have been a frame change instead of a 757 or A320 on series of IT flights on that occasion my shifts didn't coincide unfortunately but heard rumour of it !! Also Braathens (Norway) looked at bringing one in on the annual dance festival charters at Easter that ran for years but used 737's instead

The fore runner of Travelcitydirect when less well known and local based , also planned a series of Blackpool - Florida IT flights using a 757 with a fuel stop at Shannon but that never happened....

Rutan16 .......had Laker 1-11's in once due to a Fire Department strike at Manchester if I recollect , but I didn't work at the airport at that time but remember it being in the local press.

Last edited by newaviator; 17th Sep 2017 at 15:06.