PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KA's Parallel Seniority
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2017, 04:43
hkgfooey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skankhunt42
I sacrificed my movie rest over the pacific to find that information for you! Before you say anything, I've already checked.... CAD360 doesn't state each operator must have their own crew control, Engineering and IOC. Please stop disseminating fake news.
So we have a management stooge in our midst, signing up to a new handle ?

Talk about "fake news", I didnt mention CC, IOC, or engineering, but since you did, each AOC is required to have its own engineering department. The Head of Engineering is one of the positions listed on the KA AOC that needs to be approved by HKCAD before its changed or appointed. The AOC requirements for engineering are list in CAD 360 Part 2, "Arrangements for Maintenance Support". KA has its own Head of Engineering, Kevin Chan. He is the person responsible under the KA AOC for the airworthiness of the KA fleet. How aircraft are physically maintained pushed back etc does not need to be done in house by KA, but the ultimate airworthiness control (including ETOPS) and service agreements rest with KA under their AOC.

IOC and Crew Operations are not required functions to be in house under the AOC, there are other ways that can be achieved. Some of the 11 HKG AOC holders don't have them at all. Crew operations could be a call center in some remote country.

What I did say "Under CAD 360 each AOC holder must have its own briefing room." CAD 360 says this has to be done by each operator. It is an AOC requirement.

"Office space at each operating base must be sufficient to provide a suitable working environment for the number of operating staff employed. Adequate provision must be made for the traffic staff, for operational planning, for the storage and display of essential records, and for flight planning facilities for flight crews. If suitable flight planning facilities for flight crews are provided by the airport authority, the space provided by the operator can normally be reduced. However, it is essential that reasonable accommodation should be made available for crews to use before and between flights. A secluded area should be available to commanders for briefing and de-briefing of their crew."

Operator means AOC holder, i.e. CAD 360 " For the purpose of this publication the term Operator is used to describe both Applicants and Certificate Holders"

"Each AOC holder MUST have their OWN pilots"

"It will be necessary for operators to satisfy the Director that they have a sufficient number of aircraft crews for the operations to be undertaken. The adequacy of the aircraft crews will not be assessed against a set formula, as there will clearly be a wide variation in requirements according to particular circumstances. In certain cases where the volume of work undertaken is small, the normal requirement concerning the number of aircraft crews employed may be relaxed. It is important that aircraft crews should generally be employed full-time under a contract of service. "

"The employment of part-time or "freelance" aircraft crew will only acceptable in exceptional circumstances and in consultation with the assigned Operations Inspector. Irrespective of whether crews are part-time or full-time employees, tests carried out to establish the competence of the operators pilots, must be conducted either by the operator himself or by another operator under arrangements set out in detail in the operators Training Manual. These arrangements must ensure that the pilot is competent to perform all the duties and responsibilities laid upon him by the operator."

Again, the word operator means AOC holder, two AOCs you have to perform two different processes that have to approved by two different CAD inspectors. Per CAD 360 "In this Part, the word ‘must’ is used to indicate where the Director expects the Operator to respond and adhere closely to the defined requirement."