PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair B738 loses nosewheel
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2017, 16:19
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The crew seemed quite surprised when London told them that RYR ops had been on the phone

Curious to know how they found out. Was there a problem on retraction: did ATC tell them as their Dunlop went AWOL across the carpark? (I once saw a video of a main wheel doing cartwheels down LGW's runway. It had a huge amount of distractive energy in it). Why were pax kept on board for 1.15mins? Surely lighten the plane ASAP to help move it PDQ. Must be a bus problem. Was the nose wheel damaged so that a tow bar could not be fitted, or does EMA have barless tugs? But even then damage could prevent it locking on. Closing EMA for 75mins would jot be popular, but as has been surmised spare a/c & perhaps crew might have been there not PIK. And how did they take the a/c of the runway, ands was it unable to taxi off, vacate & then stop?
Curious to learn as this is not very common. Braking technique and roll out distance would also be a learning process. I would assume as gentle as possible and full length. From memory EMA does not have HST's anyway.