PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A109E Fuzz Burners - engine Vs gearbox
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2017, 14:15
PolarisPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure why the discrepancy. Could be a certification issue - the Gearboxes are made by Agusta, but the Engines are P/W.

There are a few other discrepancies in the Agusta RFM in any case. One example is the engine start procedure (I'm flying the S, not the E) . The procedure ends by stating "ENG 1 MODE switch : Set to Flight". However, during the Flight training, the instructor explained that if you do this, then the EDU page goes from Start to Cruise, and the TOT limits (for start) can't be monitored easily due to change of scale. I'm not sure if the Engine HOT START monitoring would be active if the MODE switch is to Flight. Hence we were all asked to start the second engine also with the first one in idle. Its likely that the person who wrote the RFM didn't think about this issue, believing that once the parameters were stable, you could put the switch to Flight and be done - but what about the second engine? There are also a few other discrepancies. The N2/Nr is supposed to indicate 100 in the RFM, but actually shows 101. A check with the maint manual showed me that its supposed to be 101.

We were told that the "E" RFM doesn't allow you to put off fuel pumps in case of a double generator failure, but the S manual does.

Not too sure... but these could be likely reasons. May be a good idea to write to Agusta (sorry, Leonardo) helicopters as well.