PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United - SY-Houston non stop
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2017, 12:08
underfire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just flew the SYD to DFW on the QANTAS A388. Seems to be a newer ac, as it was not trashed like the other QF 388 I have been on.
Lack of cabin crew make meals difficult, taking about 90 mins from beginning to end.
The QF mantra, drop the shades, turn off lights, and keep them asleep for as long as possible is still SOP. You really dont notice the extra 2 hrs compared to LAX.
It is far better to clear customs in DFW than LAX for certain, so you make up a good part of time due to the customs adventure vs LAX. Notice that to DFW, with customs consideration, connecting flights use a 90 minute timeframe (rather than the 3 hours at LAX)
DFW is a great hub. (a large beer in terminal is $6)

Quite a few S Americans on the flight, and many Aussies going on to NYC. If you are going to the US, the 'flavor' of this flight is different than to LAX, I reasoned that the LAX flight had more of the Las Vegas destination people, where the DFW flight had NYC and S American flavor. Caution, this flight had a lot of small children.

DFW to LGA is 3.5 hours direct
LAX to LGA is 7 hours direct

From what I understand, the flight back, DFW to SYD, is about 90 mins longer.

All in all, far better than LAX or SFO experience, (delays, no fog, and customs) and of course, the smooth ride of the tuna boat.

I really want to try the Emirates SYD to DFW..amd I hope that it changes to BNE/DFW instead of SYD/DFW..and the flight will be a bit shorter

EDIT: absolutely NO WAY would I consider a 78 anything for this flight

Last edited by underfire; 15th Sep 2017 at 12:30.