PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Those elusive flying films "High and the Mighty"
Old 9th Sep 2003, 06:46
DrSyn

Man of the Marsh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does this mean that the "Wayne Estate" has finally let these two classics into the home-vid market, or did you manage to sneak a pirate copy? I have tried accessing rarevideo.com through various links but they all come up with an Access Denied message.

Unlike the movie Fate Is The Hunter, whose only similarity to the book was its title, Island In The Sky and The High And The Mighty were classic screen versions of Gann's original books. One of the reasons for this was that Wayne allowed EKG to be the script writer! Although I have seen both of these in the past, I would dearly like to have them in my video library.

I keep an eye out for both movies on stations such as TCM but, if they are still shown, I have missed them.

A lot of punters regard THATM to be one of Wayne's finest movies. I agree wholeheartedly, although I must confess to being heavily biased towards both the subject and the author, so my opinion probably doesn't count!