PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2017, 07:34
mik3bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AirportPlanner1
Apart from painting the train (not sure how practical that is) all of those things and more have or are being done. Flybe on passenger gates, free flights on Heart FM plus other local stations and papers, Stobart trailers (not Flybe specifically but the airport).

Then you have adverts in train carriages, massive billboards at major stations and along highways, 1000 free seats, Facebook/Twitter competitions.

There's a lot people could fault Stobart on, promotion of the new routes and the overall operation isn't one of them.
I disagree. Have you been in Fenchurch St station at any point over the past 3 months or any stations on c2c routes. All show Easyjet decals. Organge galore everywhere. Not a single Flybe decal to be seen anywhere. Nada. Zilch.

I was stuck in very heavy tail backs on A13 and 127 yesterday morning and driving in Essex for about 4 hours yesterday. At no point did I hear a Heart promo giving away Flybe tickets on the soon to commence new services. In fact, I listen to Heart everyday, doesn't happen.

I have seen the odd (very odd) billboard along A13 but rarely seen elsewhere.

Social media yes. But my point being, the marketing is certainly not massive, constant, loud, in your face. It's mute and therefore whatever expense it's costing is money down the drain unless it's a major splash in your face.
Should be peak slot commercials immediately before and after news slots. Heart traffic 'sponsored by Flybe - fly direct London Southend to blah, blah,etc visit www.etc'

Decal wrapping one or two c2c carriages in eye catching adverts may be a nice revenue earner for the route operators but also something new and novel for Flybe and SEN.