PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2017, 07:30
AirportPlanner1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mik3bravo
I suppose on one level, yes, this is the nature of PR, it's all about the optics.

On another level, performance measurement comes back to factual numbers and time will tell. Numbers never lie.

What I find odd is you would imagine with all the noise surrounding the new Flybe services commencing next month that visible marketing will be much more visible, but is not.

Take for example something as simple as how Easyjet decal adverts are stuck to all the passenger gates at c2c train stations. Why hasn't SEN / Flybe considered a high visibility and continous campaign around the catchment area.

Wrap a c2c and Anglia train carriage in a bold joint advertising by Stobart & Flybe - in your face, something new and fresh.

Or free flight prizes on morning Essex Heart FM, reaching huge audience in the lead up to the launch of the new services.

Or decal the back doors of Stobart 40' HGV trailers - free advertising space on the highways in the Essex region.

I don't see any of this type of vision or confidence. It's all very mute and dull.

Effort in, reward out.
Apart from painting the train (not sure how practical that is) all of those things and more have or are being done. Flybe on passenger gates, free flights on Heart FM plus other local stations and papers, Stobart trailers (not Flybe specifically but the airport).

Then you have adverts in train carriages, massive billboards at major stations and along highways, 1000 free seats, Facebook/Twitter competitions.

There's a lot people could fault Stobart on, promotion of the new routes and the overall operation isn't one of them.