PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2017, 13:05
Nurse2Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MaverickPrime
Nurse2Pilot - keep up the research, the only thing I can stress is to not rush anything! Go forward with your eyes wide open, there is no such thing as the ideal time train. You face a lot more risks in pursuing a career as a pilot other than just not being able to find a job. The thread you shared about training in the Philippines is any eye opener, but not surprising.
Thanks MaverickPrime! I'm doing as much reading as I can but most of it is still confusing....

There are so many schools but only a handful seems to have sterling reputation. Most seems to be either shady or re-branding of shady schools... if not the school itself, then their affiliate schools in USA or Europe.

There are different opinions regarding Integrated vs. Modular... but at least this is easy for me if I want to keep my Nursing job after training.

Originally Posted by MaverickPrime
You face a lot more risks in pursuing a career as a pilot other than just not being able to find a job.
What do you mean by this? I'm getting a feeling you're talking about more than just the initial debt for training...