PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Primera Air
Thread: Primera Air
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2017, 11:28
ohoejland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B737 TR Course

callaway8:

It is so sad when people take decisions based on one side of the story. So this is my side of the story.

I completed the B737 TR Course with Primera Air this spring and I have never regreted it.
Before signing the contract we were told that there was no job guaranty, but it was clear that the pupose of the course was definitely to hire all pilots that were up to standard. Which a fare amount unfortunatly was not.

The course started in Riga at HQ with some very acommodating staff that made us feel like home. And they had no reason for doing that, if they didn't want to hire us. We were not just visitors, we felt like employees. Ex. was invited to pizzas together with the rest of the company due to good sales.The level of knowledge was the best and we were both technically and mentally prepared for the sim in Amsterdam. The course was also a conversion-course, so we were also doing the fire and wet drills in Riga.

The interview and tests you mention also took place in Riga, with a very well english-speeking lady from HR. Very down-to-earth". Never had such a relaxed job-intervew before.

Also the 3 weeks of sim in Amsterdam was very well organized and the instructors were so professional. When both my sim-buddy and I had passed the skilltest and OPC (combined), the TRE from Primera Air congratulated us and said he looked forward to seeing us on the line.

Unfortunately 14 days after basetraining we got the e-mail from the Chief Pilot that Primera Air had grounded one 737 due to serious corrosion and a leasing agreement on another 737 failed, so they had DAT (Danish Air Transport) to take over the operation of the two.
Adding to this, the lack of training Captains like any other expanding company in the industry. Unfortunately, this meant, that there were no job for my sim-buddy and I.

Even though I will highly recommend this top-professional TR Course to everyone who is thinking of getting rated on the 737 and having the chance of a job afterwards.

Just to make thing clear, I know the Chief pilot, Technical pilot and several CPTs and F/O at Primera Air. I still have my hopes up for next season though.

Hope this was valuable information for people considering this course.