PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vuichard technique for settling with power?
Old 10th Sep 2017, 20:54
Washeduprotorgypsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well first off I salute the entrepreneurial spirit of the whole technique and its"commercial" application.

Secondly, making the analogy with blowing smoke rings with stage of vortex development. I think VT can blow smoke but I'm not sure the ring part makes it past the end of his nose. Whereas everyone else on the forum who has submitted a more visceral response has experienced being entrained in the smoke rings of Gandalf himself blown clear across the room or to the base of the mountain as it may actually be.

Not sure the technique is new at all within the vertical reference community, but understand the outcry at trivializing VRS for the less experienced who might be tempted to disobey tried and true descent rates, in favour of faster productivity (i.e "ego posturing") because the VRS dragon has been slayed by the "VT two step" into the 300 foot hole/gully.

I don't think the technique is without merit just that it is a last line of defence in steep and slow(big trees,confined gullies, downwind, longline) situations versus a healthy respect for traditional descent rates around 300 fpm.

Last edited by Washeduprotorgypsy; 10th Sep 2017 at 21:06. Reason: I love auto correct