PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vuichard technique for settling with power?
Old 10th Sep 2017, 16:53
Hughes500

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts
I am perhaps not the most experienced pilot on this forum but that video DOES not show VRS. As for pulling full power yes that will possibley get you out of IVRS but not fully developed. I know I have said this before but as a junior instructor one of my students had made 5 normal recoveries from IVRS using the normal stick the cylic forward technique. For someone unknown reason on the 6th go with a ROD of around 800ft a min with the cabin shaking, pitching and rolling the student pulled full power. Well fu.k me the result was what felt like an 80 degree nose up with the ac falling on its tail. ( so Mr Vulchard please explain that ) the vsi hit the stop at 3k a min. As for recovery I had the cylic on the forward stop, nothing happening, lever fully down and still falling on its tail. last resort was full pedal, then again wtf now facing 80 degrees pitch down and looking at the ground hurtling up. Slowly pulling power and rear cynic. I guess we missed the ground by about 200 ft. Not really sure how the rotor head stayed on the heli. So I was undoubtedly very close to full VRS when student pulled full power. This caused instantaneous fill VRS so I do not see how pulling full power and lateral cylic with pedals would work. But always happy to hear from those with more experience. Sorry that video shows nothing !