PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Juncker slightly worse for wear!
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2017, 09:14
ORAC
Ecce Homo! Loquitur...

Agreed, but he and Verhofstadt are the Brexit campaigns best recruiting sergeants.
Amongst others.......

EU’s Mr Big ‘in threat to belt reporter’

The German Eurocrat widely considered to be the most powerful man in Brussels has been accused of threatening to punch a political journalist in the mouth. Martin Selmayr, chief of staff to the European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker, reportedly told Peter Müller, Europe editor of the German magazine Der Spiegel, that he would “smack” him in the “gob”.

Selmayr who made headlines after being blamed for leaking details of a meeting between Theresa May and EU officials earlier this year, is said to have shocked guests at a reception for German bankers. Flanked by aides, Selmayr, 46, was holding a glass of white wine when he allegedly told Müller : “Arseholes do arsehole journalism — you’ll never get any information from me.” He was apparently angered by a Der Spiegel report revealing that he had refused to take a call from Greece’s prime minister, Alexis Tsipras, during an interview with Müller. “Had I met you then [after the interview was published] I would have smacked you in the gob,” Selmayr was reported as having said in a loud voice.

Der Spiegel reported the incident yesterday but said Selmayr denied having uttered the threat. A source present during the incident said: “None of us working in and around politics are sensitive, but, frankly, this was a shocking display of aggression.”