PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - East Anglias' own Airway?
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2003, 00:12
whowhenwhy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, we now have 3 new lovely MDAs, unfortunately managed by scopies, but we can't have everything! Yes the whole re-arrangement has been somewhat of a mish-mash of what everyone wants, but as has been discussed on this forum many times I think the consensus is that it's an arrangement that is 'fit for purpose' (what a wonderful phrase!). Most people seem to have done alright out of it, if anything we mil guys have been placed at a disadvantage in some ways by all of it (but we've talked about that before too). As far as the guilt trip is concerned the comment was more general in nature, aimed towards many, not simply yourself BALIX. I guess it was more the way that you stated that the MoD insisted that they were there, as opposed to what actually happened with the years of back and forth shuttling to come to a final agreement as to what would happen. But then as an old soldier poet once said when he wrote 'Tommy this and Tommy that' , it is not a new problem. Just one that is a sore point at present with the continued reverberations about why we went into Iraq.