PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Fuel leak procedure
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2017, 15:49
Citation2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Villas , please next time you go the sim try to balance your tanks after a fuel leak and one engine shutdown. If you succeed in it I ll be happy to learn from you.
Again by opening the xfeed in a fuel leak there is no way to rebalance the tanks but simply increase the imbalance.

Very good thanks for spotting my mistake regarding the fuel imbalance , indeed the lighter side has to be switched off. So if you want to apply the imbalance procedure in a fuel leak you will switch off the fuel pumps on the "leaking lighter side " and send the fuel from the good side to the tank leaking ?

No way to rebalance . X feed is not made for that purpose but to consume from a dead side , thus further increasing an imabalance .

As for the engine failure scenario itself it is totally different as the "live side" has lower fuel than the dead side, as the live engine has been operating for a while on only one tank, then opening the xfeed will help to rebalance and consume from the dead side full of fuel.

My point is , if the live side has lower fuel than the dead side (engine fail at v1 only), xfeed will help
Fuel leak scenario , dead side has lower fuel than live side , xfeed will increase the imbalance.

Last edited by Citation2; 9th Sep 2017 at 16:02.