PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bases are next
Thread: Bases are next
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2017, 19:24
Shep69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Average Fool
Yea, the bases were growing like weeds prior to the lawsuits. <------- that is sarcasm

Another major blunder by CX.

This lot couldn't get f####d in a wh##e house.
LOL ya got that right.

They'd get right up to the point they had to pay the hooker.

Then try to figure out a way to stiff her (and in a bad way) at the last minute and in comes the bouncer and out the door.

As far as whatever LOU, why NOT agree one which allows productivity averaging (albeit staked to calendar month and not rolling so there was protections all around there) and which is productivity and revenue neutral ? And has a sunset date. Don't cost nothing (it had no commitment factors) and has the added effect of stringing a few dupes looking for a glimmer of hope along for another year. How many times has Lucy yanked the football ? How many "wait till next year" has there been. How many if only's have we gotten over the years ? Just a few onesies and twosies to keep the hook set. But they could've gone large for years. And I've never seen anything resembling a genuine 'going large' commitment to a NY (or any other) base (and will scoff at anyone who claims they have).

Now, they very much COULD save money going large tomorrow. And carriers who operate on the bases are doing quite well and don't seem to have many problems dealing with the sandbox they are in.

But they're betting big on hiring cheap in HKG and retaining the illusion of control--as well as being able to impose whatever they want (and perhaps having to pay somewhat more for this). To be honest I wouldn't want to take that bet--but then again I guess they do have an 'out' (provided most of their core experience doesn't leave--and if the newbies can be strung along just enough to become entrenched before they've become marketable or find greener pastures elsewhere) doing what they have done and keeping a skeleton crew (and presence and framework) on the bases. If it fails, go large (and perhaps hire) on the bases. If it doesn't, leave them where they're at. Hard to accept, but just because a situation is hard to accept doesn't mean it's not true.