PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2017, 18:07
southside bobby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LTNman......You too fail with the model possibly cos your own demographic does not fit either..Wow & Primera have only one reason for landing in these American cities & that is the transferring pax.They together with Icelandair are all making use of the country`s geographic position to pull a large number of pax from all over Europe into the KEF hub & then onward,in a smaller version of the ME3 going East thru the desert..This is the modus being put together, they will gain even more traction as further destinations are added..So perhaps not vast amounts of cowboy boots @ STN to start,STN being just one spoke in the wheel,but there is much potential..You seem to not consider the advertising the other side of the pond...Your dismissals are somewhat reflective of heads of the legacy carriers when confronted with innovations(& they should have known better)...such as the ME3 & the LCC`s & more contemporary developments such as Norwegian....BTW I noticed ads from Norwegian on TV for the first time two nights ago,so perhaps they view the planned developments somewhat differently to you too & feel they have to advertise into the same potential markets now.You should not be too self satisfied with your hard wired status quo....AirportPlanner1 has a fair point too regarding transits thru DXB/DOH &c if pax care to take advantage,if you are not aware ask pax or even ask the airlines....Anyways interesting times...