PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 8th Sep 2017, 07:46
gogga1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi DSJ,

Luckily my MEA class rating is till current for another year and I did my FAA medical as well was pretty straight forward, the only new thing is the "near vision" test with the FAA medical. Cant recall ever doing that with the CASA medical.

Originally Posted by VH DSJ
This is the wording on the letter from the FAA regarding doing the FAA ATP checkride based on a foreign license. It doesn't say specifically that the MECIR has to be current, but the Airplane multi-engine class rating has to be current. Open to interpretation I guess. I had my MECIR current at the time of my Type rating/ATP checkride just to make sure.

Good news is that your CASA class 1 medical doesn't have to be current if you have a current FAA medical certificate which takes 15 minutes to do, and cost much less. Infact, the FAA doesn't even charge you for the medical certificate unlike CA$A, nor does the FAA charge you for the plastic credit card ATP license once you get the full license (or 'certificate' as they call it here). The FAA will issue you the license and medical for free.