PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anna's Antics
Thread: Anna's Antics
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2017, 23:30
Shep69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pill
Can we all agree, it's incompetence, not control. Of late, they couldn't organise a beer in a brothel.
Nope; incompetence implies a bumbling quality without knowledge or foresight.

These folks have plenty of education (for what that's worth) and have been given all kinds of sage advice as to how to right the ship. Folks have even called pitfalls and blunders before they've happened and suggested ways to fix problems.

It's been ignored.

I believe that's usually called willful or culpable negligence in most places. And there's been a strong degree of proactivity in alienating people and proactivity in destroying things that have been working. These decisions didn't just happen; they were imposed after deliberation.

You can kinda forgive ineptitude; some poor slob trying his or her best and just not making it.

But willful negligence is something different entirely.

Kinda like in your example--you're going out for a night at the brothel. You run into one of your friends and announce your intentions.

He (or she) says "That's great--hope you have a wonderful time. Pick any hooker except Tiffany; I know for a fact she has the clap and here's a copy the last medical inspection which was done and proves it."

"OK"

Your friend later asks "How was the big night ?"

"Well, not so good--I went with this girl named Tiffany and got the clap."

<facepalm>

Last edited by Shep69; 7th Sep 2017 at 00:42.