PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Location
Thread: PPL Location
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2017, 22:19
ComeFlyWithB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Oscar Charlie 192
Kate, if it were she (it most likely was), is not JUST the receptionist! She is the (part(?)) owner!
The whole place is VERY friendly and helpful, in my experience with them. At least one of the instructors, there, is a member on here.

Maybe, we will meet!
Indeed it was! When I popped in last week to get a price brochure (after ringing whilst in flight store up near Huddersfield confused which books to buy to get a head start) she was very helpful and pleasent. Including offering s chat to explain everything and breaking down how they operate including taking you up to the tower to meet the team before you start. They seem very orientated towards making you succeed whether it's solely a ppl for pleasure or all the way up to commercial. It's worth Noting she actually mentioned this and offered some advice.

On another note upon enquiring about a rough time scale at another fto I was told they have students who haven't passed within 4-5 years!!! Should this be ringing alarm bells about instructor quality or a case of students not being fussed and having other commitments ...... even so it seems excessive - before the 'life' comments I fully appreciate more important things can crop up.

Yeah possibly! Would be nIce to make some new friends, I'm fairly sure the missus might leave if she hears 'pa28 or 152' one more time