PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class 2 medical - Chemotherapy
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2017, 13:55
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wot rad girl said.

1. Some chemo is administered orally (tablet etc) so marks from chemo may not be an issue, but TBH if you are being treated for cancer chances are you are probably going have needles and lines stuck in you from time to time for all sorts of reasons during treatment (even if it's just for the often all too frequent blood tests) ....frankly "track" marks are the least of your worries....and you may not end up with any.

2. A history of chemo in itself doesn't automatically preclude you from holding a Class 2 or even a Class 1. People have lost Class 1and Class 2's due cancer but post treatment have got their original medical category restored... but there can be issues with some of the families of drugs that are some times used..I'm not sure but I suspect that is what radgirl is alluding to with the comment about pathology etc .

3. For all sorts of reasons any chemo treatment really should be declared as part of your history.

If it's something effecting you personally and you are worried about chemo PM me.

Last edited by wiggy; 6th Sep 2017 at 14:07.