PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anna's Antics
Thread: Anna's Antics
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2017, 13:41
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FreemaninHK
ANNA,

my decades old COS is a signed contract that in 90's dollars is worth half of what I earn today. Every other major carrier is increasing pay. You want to pay me less of my 1990's dollars.

INFLATION is real. The flat I was renting in 04' now rents for 3 times that amount. Has my housing gone up 3X? No.. it hasn't really moved other than to some HKG peg which in no way represents the real cost.

SCHOOLING has gone up.. What I get covers less each year.

_

Shall i make a large pie chart that shows the cost of the crew vs the fines that were levied against us?

You want to lower housing? Open up bases. Problem solved.

Lower pay?
Start with the board.. ZERO pay. If they don't like, I'm sure we can fine some more competent directors happy to take over on zero money as they made their money elsewhere.

Directors like you.. 1/2 your packages. Money where your mouth is. Do it.
This is it. There's nothing more to say really. We draw the line here or there is nothing left to stay for in HK. Want cheaper pilots? BASES!!! Most of us (expats) are willing to work for less, IN OUR HOME COUNTRIES!!! What is so hard to understand about that? I don't get it. Resolve rostering as part of CMP negotiations, put HKPA up to livable wages, end the training ban/CC, and get the bases growing. Any sensible company would utilize a win/win like based pilots, but not CX. They are different and special. "You just don't understand..." That's right AT and DP, we don't understand because IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!