PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas / Jetstar JV
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2017, 04:27
Aussie Fo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Firstly, it's rumour, routing,and dual.

Secondly your idea is absurd, both in its idea and secondly that Qantas management is your source.

Look at where Qantas is today. It has shrunk to being the smallest international footprint in its history. The idea that they would spend any significant money on international aircraft is absurd. They have significant codeshare agreements with Emirates, China Eastern, and American Airlines, all making money. The investment community would run 1000 miles if Qantas were to invest in how many aircraft to operate from each state capital? And A380?

They have 8 787 arriving before the end of next year and that is it, although I accept more of those could be announced shortly.

Qantas of yesteryear will never exist again. I'm talking 5 services a day to London, plus Paris Frankfurt and Rome. The proof is Yay Per LHR .............no more Mel LHR.

I don't disagree but Qantas is about maximising profit and putting everyone else on a code share.

They are a virtual airline, tying people to their operation with Australians infatuation with frequent flyer points, overseas holidays, and the hope of the odd upgrade.

Qantas has 53 (I think ) orders and options for 787s that range out to mid 2025? I can be corrected on that. But in that time 5 747s will leave next year, and the oldest 330s are now 14 years old, and the oldest 737s are 15/16? Granted they may order 777 if it achieves 22 hours flight time. Is Qantas going to be the launch customer, is there going to be a engine manufacturer.

Sorry the last little bit has ended in a rant but I believe Clifford and Joyce will Leave Qantas in the next year without any aircraft on order and both Airbus and Boeings books full. No 737s yes options for the group of A320/321s, most of those Jetstar bound. How old are the 717s ? And the F100s

Qantas will be short of capacity in a growing Asian market. It will loose market share because of the many failings of management.

Rant over