PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Location
Thread: PPL Location
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2017, 12:58
ComeFlyWithB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by l10fly
Don't discount Barton until you have factored in the time & travel costs to Blackpool or Liverpool. A few hundred mile round trips for cancelled lessons will soon dampen the enthusiasm, plus the cost of 5000 - 6000 miles driving needs to go into the equation. I fly from Barton regularly, the schools are goos & delays are virtually none existent.

Ravenair are good but flying from Liverpool can be frustrating. I instructed at Liverpool (nor Ravenair) for 10 years, circuits can be impossible at times with commercial traffic and the transit in and out of the zone is not the best use of time.

I've not flown with Westair but Blackpool is a good learning environment. Hawarden is another option (full disclosure - I now instruct there part time).

Be very, very, weary of paying for a full course up front. I've seen too many lose as a result.
Also, given your instructing credentials would you be able to provide a rough time scale to completing the ppl in the UK say for example if I started next month, or is this time of year a write off for new guys ?