PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quality of ATSB reports getting worse?
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2017, 09:37
Old Akro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was interested to read this newly minted tome from the ATSB regarding the Chieftan that bounced a main gear on a truck on approach to Barwon Heads.

https://www.atsb.gov.au/media/577349...-040_final.pdf

I struggle to find it cohesive, let alone reaching any sort of conclusion of any value.

Not to mention the factual error that the maximum vehicle height in Victoria is 4.3m not 4.6m. Which makes a lot of the reports discussion about landing approach angles valueless. The recommended road clearance in Victoria is 4.6m to deal with vehicles up to 4.3m. If the author doesn't have the English comprehension to figure this out from published material, I weep for the future.

While there is a discussion about land zoning that seems completely spurious, any discussion about the lack of warning road signs about the airport was completely absent. I'm not sure how much difference it would have made, but the interview with the driver suggests that he was oblivious to the airport so, maybe a couple of the standard yellow warning diamonds may have done something.

Why are we paying for this?