PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2017, 19:17
BusAirDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesgrainge
I don't think so. From a modular perspective there has to be something that drives you. 5, 15, 25 or 45, if you press your nose up against the glass at a departure lounge and can't imagine anything more satisfying than sitting in that cockpit, or the rush from advancing the throttle, and that incredible moment when you break a grey rainy surface and into crisp beautiful sunshine, and it makes you feel 5 years old all over again.

That's what I feel, I would suggest if others feel the same, regardless of age, they are forever going to look at jets going over and think, "what if?".

Forgive me for being all wide eyed and optimistic, but there is really nothing else I could see myself doing now, and I would recommend everyone who has the opportunity to at least try, to do so.
Interesting, as we have all been there. Guess, what my last holiday, I could not stand the thought of having to go to the airport also in my time off, and booked the Train to travel, and it was just amazing to not have to go trough the whole airport debacle.

"shaun ryder" & "Desk-pilot" have plenty of good advice in their posts, there comes a stage when "being a pilot" is no longer the most important thing in life, this is what you yet have failed to understand "jamesgrainge" , which is perfectly understandable, as you have not yet had pilot job.

After few years, and so far WITHOUT EXCEPTION, have I seen the trend be from enthusiasm to a stage where people look forward to every day off day have, and try to figure out how can they find out a healthy balance between work and life, there is more to life than flying, and I am sure by the time you get 40 - 45, you will have changed your views a lot from today.