PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways 2017 MPL
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2017, 19:01
parkfell

de minimus non curat lex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My response was a generic comment to MPL, not at Qatar internal matters.
Anyone can be terminated during line training , or at any other point due to lack of progress, be it through the normal route, or MPL.

There are cases five years ago or so, where the initial sponsor did not take on MPL students due to their financial circumstances.
This does make the situation more difficult, but that is the nature of the beast where employment is lined up if it all goes as advertised. Potential certainty, as oppose to "whitetail" uncertainty.

If you are "got rid off" due to performance, you are probably stuffed anyway irrespective of what route you initially followed ?

The "classroom" and exams is identical irrespective of what route you take. You do have a point about the value of flying experience and giving yourself more than one fright to concentrate the mind.
I suggest you look at a syllabus for the MPL sim phase, before you pontificate about what a level D simulator can achieve, and what is expected of the students.
I have taught both routes, and therefore speak with some actual knowledge of what both have to offer.

As for flying experience, I started flying powered ac aged 17 in 1971. I have sufficient time aloft thank you, both instruction for CPL/IR, and airline flying.

As a QFI at PIK during the 1990's with CAP509 training followed by Hydrid JAR, and then JAR training in 1999, the more competent had a substantial amount of SE flying to burn off post IRT ( IRST) to complete the syllabus with BAeFC.
Burning holes in the sky.........