PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - small aerodrome training disadvantages???
Old 8th Sep 2003, 17:38
Below 5000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy,

I conducted all my training up to CPL at a small country-based flying school, with a grand total of one instructor. After which did some training with a larger flying school on the coast (due to the fact the "One instructor school" didn't have instrument training approval / facilities).

Having trained with both I would certainly recommend the smaller training organisations. As mentioned by others, apart from cost savings, there is generally less time spent "on the ground" waiting for clearances, traffic or just getting to the runway. Also training areas are generally a lot closer to the aerodrome.

Learn to fly the aircraft with minimal radio work & control zone procedures ( compared to say YBAF or YBCG ). When the Navs start happening you will most certainly get your fair share of "the big smoke".

Having only one or two instructors, I think is more personal, rather than getting a different instructor each time you go flying. Every instructor has his/her own idea on how to do certain things.

All the best with the training anyway.

B5k