PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Location
Thread: PPL Location
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2017, 11:16
ComeFlyWithB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPL Location

Hi All,

About to start the flying dream via modular training for more reasons than one. Namely although I have an assessment for easyJet with CTC I don't have 123k hanging around. I have considered BAA and their wizz air cadet program in addition to the smartlynx program which are viable options.l for around €62000 However for the time being does anyone have any experience or recomendations for the following FTOs.

Westair at blackpool have quoted £6745 for the basic package and study materials adding estimated fuel costs looking at just over £7200 but I have no idea on time frame with winter around the corner (I work Monday - Friday / Saturday) but would be flexible with getting the hours in due to flexible work arrangements.

American Aviation academy in San Diego is £6100 but with fights / visa / accommodation / TSA fees etc they come in around £9500 however it's 5-8 weeks of unbroken flying and learning.

Ravenair at Liverpool is £7100 minus all study materials and so on

I've also looked into and spoken with Bartolini Air in Poland regarding there 0-fATPL program but 18 months out of work probably isn't a viable option although with this being said they are the direct training providers for FOs to Adria and appear to have a good placement record. I could start here with ATPL theory followed by CPL/MEP/IR

EFT in Florida appear to offer a 4 week PPL for £8500 but I've heard mixed reviews here on pprune of late.

I also live close to manchester but Barton is out of the equation due to the cost being far higher than. Westair or ravenair (same price as most American schools in which you can complete in 4-8 weeks)

For abit of background I'm 25 next week and have wanted to fly since a trial lesson at 15 however bad advice and other career aspirations took place first and here we are. I have a trial flight at west air next week (c-152)and I intend to do the same at ravenair (pa28) 60mins and 30-60mins respectively.

Any and all advice / reccomendations will be much appreciated