PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the latest news at Solenta?
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2017, 08:49
maxrated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I doubt Solenta would be on the ropes in any significant way, the money owed to Solenta in dollar terms is not enough to threaten a company of their size. Although the amount in ZAR is substantial.

Air Tec, who used to be one of Solenta's sub contractors, seems to now be contracting for Tassili Airlines in North Africa, Tassili have always had their own big clients and I doubt they are a threat to Solenta's established North Africa contracts.

I know Solenta has lost crew to the Far East, I cannot imagine any of those guys leaving Solenta OGP project for SAS Mali unless SAS has upped their salaries massively and recently.

I know some of the SAS guys have left for Air Tec though....hopefully the competition for OGP qualified crew will force the operators to up the salaries of pilots on these contracts.

The contract company's should have 'crew retention' as one of their focus policies going forward given the increasing competition for OGP qualified crew.

Hopefully those policies will put something extra in the pockets of the guys and girls as well. Although it's not only/necessarily about salary, company's can do other things to hold onto crew, Bussiness class flights to project and company pension funds as well as better or more stable rotations would be things that would contribute to keeping crew happy, and therefore not looking elsewhere.