PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From zero to CPL and FI: Cost in UK (Merged)
Old 4th Sep 2017, 01:06
Camp Freddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi clearly reading all posts very limited chance of job in UK even after paying a lot of money (? 150K) to train. Has that changed or is the outlook still the same? Thanks
I dont think anything significant has changed in the last year in the UK.
fixed wing is still booming
highly experienced rotary pilots (10000 hrs+) still struggle to get a job, it still tough out there, until the oil price increases i think it will remain tough for everyone, onshore and offshore.

Are there any openings abroad for new graduates if you are prepared to travel anywhere -problem also appears to be visas even if openings?
i can't speak for the onshore opportunities, but overseas offshore opportunities are still pretty hard to come by, when they do happen they are for experienced captains only, and there will generally be local co pilots being trained to replace you, we have come a long way in negative direction since the ex pat hiring boom of 2012 (weststar etc)

salaries where available are about 30% lower than 2012, this is my observation, depressing but true, it makes no sense to spend big bucks now unless its for fixed wing.