PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cactus 1549
Thread: Cactus 1549
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2017, 22:26
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KayPam
Oh yes I made a mistake about the airplane maintaining it's pitch angle, it's rather maintaining a flight path since the rule is to maintain a 1G load factor.

If the speed varies, the pitch angle will also vary to maintain a 1G load factor.
KP, you venture too far based on FCOM wording. Again. A descending trajectory is not a constant 1g one. Even level flight based on 1g is a problematic achievement because the idea that the FCS matches actual n to the 1g value would only work if that 1g value had been corrected for latitude, geopotential altitude and speed vector.

If anyone's interested let's start a separate thread. I'd happily participate, last time I flexed my brain on this many ends were still loose by the time I had reached my limits. "Why physics does not support Airbus claim to fly level on 1g, and the implications". Or "Why does my Airbus start to climb like crazy with AP OFF on an easterly track south of Gibraltar".

I wish not to hijack this one, just that Fusty's "maintain its current flight path" is as accurate as it gets.