PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA (UK) PPL to FAA Conversion Question
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2017, 18:19
B2N2

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer
I strongly agree with the essence of this message, that is, think carefully about what you will need in the future in order to make the best use out of the Time Building.

For instance, I'm just a PPL+NVFR. Have a flown 100h/60h PIC. In those hours I've already done my qualifying CPL cross-country, my 10 night hours PIC, my 50 hours XC PIC and so on. I avoid pointless flights of the "drilling holes in the sky" type. Always go flying with a purpose. Take a VFR chart and go wherever the range of your plane will get you. Fly international flights, visit many aerodromes. Also throw in a couple "self-check" flights in between (PFLs, slow flight, stalls, EFATO simulation etc. DON'T do spins on your own), if possible with another pilot buddy who can sort of "evaluate" your performance. Learn how to fly by instruments even if VFR, use VORs and other navaids. Take non-pilot passengers with you and brief them properly etc.

and need to fly say 100 hours within 4 weeks. This will undoubtedly reduce the quality of each hour because there won't be much time to digest, plan, analyze etc.
First part I agree with, last part I don't.
100 hrs in 4 weeks is 25hrs a week that's 5 hrs a day with two days off.
5 hrs a day are two 2.5 hr XC flights so 1:15 there and 1:15 back.
Take a couple of hrs break, nap, have lunch and do another 2.5hrs flight.
If you can't 'digest' or 'analyze' that leasurely schedule I'm not sure you're cut out for this.

I've met people that flew 100 hrs in 10 days.
Now that is bordering on the ridiculous and I would never agree to it.