PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2017, 17:17
j636

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roverman
Well, MAD, BCN, PMI, AGP all owned by the Spanish government agency AENA who have pumped Billions of Euros in to them. Germany's major airports all state owned, too - local and federal.
Stated owned is very different to taxpayers cash funding them which is state aid. It just dons't happen, they are all public companies in some form and relay on markets and banks to finance them.

The reality is a lot of these airports are charging 3, 4 or 5 times per passenger than MAN combined with lower costs in terms of operating and construction all help.

You get what you invest in, cut costs now you will get a sub standard infrastructure and it has potential to cost an airport longer term. Note I am not referring to MAN TP as I don't know enough about it but the principal still stands.

While the plans have had some criticism here, if MAG had a full consolation process with carriers to meet all needs and they are happy then I can't really say there plans are bad nor can people here as they are paying the bills.