View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2017, 14:37
  #13 (permalink)  
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: queensland
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by MotoRinzler View Post
Guys, sorry if this is a stupid question; but I've completely confused myself about how and what's needed to convert an FAA ppl to an EASA ppl via U.K. CAA.

I'm thinking of going to Florida and doing a ppl, then return and convert to a full EASA ppl. Some resources state I'd need to do the whole 45hrs and 9 exams. Medical and rt. other sources say 'training as needed' and all 9 exams plus rt and medical.

What's people's understanding? I see on the uk CAA website that an ico (which I understand the FAA is) with less than 100hrs needs the full 45hrs.... basically you start again from zero.

If it is just training as required.... what's the typical. I'd be doing part 61 so I'd have 40 hrs loged already... if it counts for anything that is.....

Confused dot com. The more I search the deeper I go into confusion.
Hi, that depend on the country where you want to convert the license.
But actually there is no need to re-do the whole program..

But when it comes to technical exam, you might have some knowlege before attending for the exams as EASA technical exams are totally based on real theory.

and country to country they have their own minimum requirements as Approved Training and Non Approved training.

As long as you go with a valid and current FAA - PPL the requirement will be less..

So best thing is to contact the respective Authority and ask for the procedure
solomanflyer is offline