PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F35 Stitch Up
Thread: F35 Stitch Up
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2017, 13:40
glad rag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MSOCS
Like many things Glad Rag, the iceberg won't falter for the whims of a few snowflakes. In this case, those I speak to on a regular basis have every intention of embarking. If they wish to leave, they will be replaced and you make a great final point about experience. If our experience levels dilute because of a unionist movement of land-lubbers only willing to serve on their own terms, well, frankly, the Service is better off without them in the long run.

It would be better for UK Defence to recruit 'airmen' who want a varied and interesting career both ashore and, when needed, at sea. Our new recruits sign up understanding a career on Lightning will involve time at sea.

I fear the unionists in this case are old codgers like you, with a chip on both shoulders. Of course, I may be wrong. You might actually be a genuine, serving airman in the RAF Eng branch who has seen his Service change too much for his own liking.
You were doing fairly well until the ad hominem, if that's your response all I can say is that I'm not from Birmingham.

I'm sure you can work it out if you try.