PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 3rd Sep 2017, 12:54
Aus_Phenom100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by going_up
Aus_Phenom109, awesome to see. Credit where credit is due. Skywest' HR has got this thing down pat. The good thing is that they have all gone thru specific training and understand the E3. Skywest does have a great name and reputation. They tend to be proactive in their approach, hence being the first airline here with an E3 visa stream/pathway.

Congrats on the new job! Are you on the CRJ or ERJ fleet? Ground school is fast paced compared to what we are use but home, but the instructors hold extra classes if needed. I recommend getting into a study group with say two or three others. You can kind of lean on each other for help and allocate sections of the homework to complete and then get together to share and educate others in your group on the homework sections you competed. This is encouraged and you will be briefed about this method of study once you start ground school. It's an exciting road ahead! I'm sure you will love it! I've found it to be rewarding both financially and personally.

Welcome to the US skies!
Thanks mate. They certainly are onto it. They have been great so far.

I initially accepted an offer on the ERJ which was my preference already being type rated on an Embraer aircraft. However, the airline contacted me and informed me that there will be an 'up to 3-4 months' wait for the ERJ. With that they offered me the CRJ to get me over and flying straight away.

I am looking forward to the training. Having gone through a pretty fast paced Type Rating and Multi Crew course for the Phenom, (not quite CRJ size but the systems all seem similar) I am sure I will be ok if I apply the same dedication to study, flows, systems, SOP's and recall items etc.

Are you on the ERJ or CRJ?