PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - height 1.92m 6 foot 3.5 ins- too tall to fly?
Old 3rd Sep 2017, 00:46
eckhard

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm six foot three and a half inches (or at least that was my peak height). I have long legs and a short torso. The only aircraft that I was not able to get into was the Rollason Turbulent single-seater. Also, after one flight in a T.31 Cadet glider during which I could hardly move the stick, it was decided to put me in the T.21 Sedbergh (Barge) for the remainder of my CCF gliding course.

I have happily flown most Piper, Cessna, Beech singles and twins without problems. Also Tiger Moth, Chipmunk, Fournier single-seater, Fuji, Beagle Pup and Austers.

Citations can get a bit cramped after about two hours.

I failed military selection due to eyesight but I suspect that my thigh length would have precluded any flying in an ejector seat.

As B2N2 said, airliner crew seats and rudder pedals are very adjustable and as long as you can get your eyes in the right place, using the markers provided in most cockpits, you should be fine. As a last resort, just slouch a bit when they measure you!