PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 2nd Sep 2017, 07:00
mohikan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
going_up is not "the first Australian pilot to get an E3 visa". There was a QF captain on LOA in the early 'thousands who lived and worked in Alaska on one. I am aware of at least one other also from my time contracting in Europe.

In addition, the only reason Australian pilots are being hired for regional operations is to keep US pilot wages depressed post the introduction of the "1500 hour rule" after Colgan air.

You are effectively scabbing on US pilots. Kid yourself otherwise.

Lastly, the carriers that going_up and others are holding up as shining lights of model employers are notorious for exploiting pilots, pushing safety and maintenance standards, having wafer thin operational resilience and generally operating an negative and toxic business model for the enrichment of executives at the expense of staff. No different to anywhere else.

There is currently massive influence operation by regional airline sponsored lobbyists going on aimed at the US congress at present to get the "1500 hour rule" rescinded.

If that happens, Skywest and others will drop going_up and all other E3s like third grade French.

By all means take whats on offer, listen to going_up and others who are lining their pockets with commissions at your expense, but be in no doubt whats actually going on here and above all have a plan for when the merry go around stops.

How many E3 australian pilots are members of US ALPA I wonder ?

Last edited by mohikan; 2nd Sep 2017 at 07:16.