PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2017, 17:13
superflanker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BusAirDriver
You seem to forget / ignore the cost of typerating. Although your calculation of getting your CPL at 200 hours, you will still need to hour build at least 100 Hours, most likely more, as you also require 100 hours PIC. 100 hours hour building will be around £15.000 in a C152.

TR another £30.000,

So even if you manage to do your courses at £45.000, you still looking at £90.000

For some of is this is a significant amount of money, for you maybe it's not.
And you try to tell your wife that she has to sell her Audi A4 that she brings the children to school with, because you want to blow £90.000 on training, where you only have 5% chance to get a job, where you will be making £1200 - £1400 a month for the first 2 years, after you spent 2 years training, that's total of 4 years - she what she will say to you?

As I said, you are 25, you don't even have an idea of what the starter pay in the business is. Again, this is thread / replies I have been giving does NOT apply to you, because you are just a babyface still.
Believe me, it's significant money for me, otherwise I would not be working and studing at the same time. .

I understand that the answers that you gave were not for me, and I know that you know better than I do about the situation (never meant to offend you).
I was just trying to give a more optimistic point of view for those who were asking.

Best luck to all wannabes and pilots!