PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Transat passengers stuck on planes call 911
Old 1st Sep 2017, 15:07
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm...someone has an axe to grind with Air Transat. I guess we all want something to blame when things don't go smoothly. But the truth is coming out now. Such as the passenger who called 911, first refused to identify himself, only did when his number was read on the P/A and then kept changing the reason he had called 911. He then declined to deplane after he was offered to do so and remained another 2 hours + on the aircraft, with his family until the aircraft arrived in YUL.

And they were indeed denied refuelling. They were told repeatedly it was coming, and it didn't. Why? Not yet known. But blaming a crew for making decisions based on the information they're being given is beyond unreasonable. If you think the crew was just sitting there doing nothing, or "forgot" to call, or some other such silly thing, you really have NO idea of how the industry works. They want to be on their way every bit as much, or more, than the passengers.

Sounds like you can take your rant and shove it where the sun don't shine. And no, I don't work for AT or know anyone there. But I do know IROPS and have had to manage diversions with hundreds of pax.