PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2017, 10:50
Logohu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Freight traffic being actively discouraged. You're not telling me that from 5 years ago when we had Cathay Pacific Cargo, Dragonair Cargo, Malaysian Cargo, Great Wall Cargo, China Airlines Cargo, Air China cargo, Jett8 Cargo and numerous add-hoc Cargo operations, that this has all stopped purely due to the economic climate and under-belly space?
Some fair criticisms there Adola69. But as for the freighters to my knowledge none of those named relocated to another MAG airport, or any other UK airport. A couple of them simply went bust. This would suggest they were not forced out by MAG due to lack of space, but disappeared because there was no longer demand for them. Some of them were very short lived "here today gone tomorrow" services anyway (anyone remember the Aeroflot DC10-40Fs ?)

Its probably no coincidence that the disappearance of many of the freighters coincided with the spread of the ME3 right across the UK and the introduction of aircraft like the 77W by those carriers - plus others like SQ and CX. And the proliferation of the road consolidators from continental Europe.

If the LH Freighters turn up at EMA the day after they leave MAN then granted we might have something to moan about.